Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The RetroFuturistic Universe of NSK Seattle USA 2005


I haven't seen anything good for a while so I'm going to write a little about this NSK show I went to back in 2005. I can honestly say it was one of the best art exhibits I've ever seen. If you know nothing about the NSK movement look it up on-line. The NSK has many factions; the band Laibach, IRWIN (painting), Noordung (theater), among others. They draw inspriration from totalitaian or exteme nationalism. They created thier own country with an embassy, which I think was in an apartment and issued thier own passports. They always credit thier works collectivley futhering thier vision of a society without individualism.

I wish the Frye still had images on-line. The above image was my favorite painting, hard to see in this tiny image but it was the only one I could find.

No comments: