Monday, May 18, 2009

The art of making art

Haven't Blogged in a while but have been working a bit at least. Hired Tatiana to edit the photo's of my board game series. I think that's the smartest move I've made in a while. I was so stressed out about photoshop and being perfect that I wasn't doing any artwork. She's doing an awesome job and I can't wait to get my website launched. Just a few more games, maybe 3 or 4 and I can move on to the next project. Also trying to keep producing constructions (I think I'm dropping the word Assemblage from my vocabulary for a while due to the images of other artists that pop up and that I'm trying to move toward making my own parts and pieces as opposed to merely collecting and assembling found objects). I've been building my own frames from vintage wood and trying to use use glass from salvage yards. It's more challenging to think of the piece in terms of the size and shape of the glass. Plus there are some amazing pieces of glass out there as well as old wood with beautiful crusty finishes. Hopefully after the game series, Tat will have time to edit the images of the constructions and the website will be up. Then I can really concentrate on the work.

No comments: